[Bf-taskforce25] Compiling Blender 2.5 issues

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:35:36 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Sven von Brand
<svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> If anyone needs help with something simple I would be glad to help and
> am willing to give my time into learning the code and trying to do
> things the best I can. I study Computer engineering and know how to code
> in C and some C++ and want to participate in Blender as I use the
> program personally.

Awesome! Well I'm sure there has to be some stuff for you to do.
Usually people start out with small things, like minor feature patches
or bugfixes, and often the first patch or two doesn't make it in.
Things are a little different now though, with the 2.5 project.  I'd
suggest trying to learn as much about it's design as possible, by
reading the code (in source/blender in the 2.5 branch) reading the
wiki documentation (though that may be a little outdated, knowing us),
etc.  Then you can as around for things that need to be done there.

Especially I'd suggest popping into
irc://irc.freenode.net/blendercoders , our development channel.  you
can find lots of helpful advice from people there.

Ah, and sorry no idea about the font problem.  I actually have a
branch based off of 2.5, which I've not merged in a couple of weeks,
so I don't know what's up with the new font stuff Diego's been doing.

Joe