[Bf-taskforce25] Dead Keys mapping

Sven von Brand svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Feb 19 08:29:08 CET 2009

I was looking the bug tracker and I found one I forgot some time ago.
I'm from Chile so I speak Spanish and do some workshops with special
Blender files with notations in the text Area. My problem with this Area
is that it doesn't support dead keys, making it very "painful" to make
anything involving the letter ñ or any letter with a ´ like á. This is
also the case in the 3D window, where I usually look for the character
in the character list, but it is not the best way of doing it.

I'm not sure if this problems occurs in all platforms but at least in
Linux I have this problem.

I would like to know if there are plans to make changes in the text
input to include this functionality, and if not, if someone could point
me in the right direction to make these changes myself and hopefully help.

Greetings
--
Sven von Brand Laredo
Estudiante de Ing. Civil Informatica, UTFSM