[Bf-taskforce25] I Can't Create Chinese Character Objects in 2.5

Ruan Beihong ruanbeihong at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:23:37 CET 2009

Hi Ton,
I'm not talking about UI. I mean to create a 3D object in Blender which has
a shape of Unicode character in some font, and it is a feature provided for
English characters.

I don't have contact with other chinese developers, but I think there should
be some, because there are chinese UI translation partially done. And to the
question of UI translation, I believe once the architecture of the code is
stable for translators there will soon be translators.

2009/12/1 Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org>

> Hi James,
>
> Yes this is a feature that fits very well with 2.5 specs (better than
> 2.4), but it needs a bit of design work still. What we seek is an
> experieced developer who did multi-language UI code before.
>
> The plan is to first wrap up all basics related to the gigantic 2.5
> recode project, and make a release people can use as a reference for
> docs. That version then could also have decent support for translated
> UIs.
>
> If you know chinese developers who would love to help; forward them to
> irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
>
> On 29 Nov, 2009, at 12:36, Ruan Beihong wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I and most chinese users would be very glad to see Chinese character
> > object be able to edit with in Blender.
> > I've tried the latest 2.5 version and find that only English
> > character can be created. Is it a defect in design or just need
> > proper configuration about Chinese fonts?
> > Besides, all unicode characters should be created as objects in
> > Blender.
> > I'd like to hear about your opinions on this question.
> > --
> > James Ruan

James Ruan