[Bf-taskforce25] Updated TODO's

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Fri Aug 14 21:20:11 CEST 2009

William Reynish <william at reynish.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> After discussion with Joe on IRC we agreed on using the 2D dragging
> approach, where moving the cursor horizontally linearly increases/
> decreases the value. Moving the cursor vertically
> increases/decreases the sensitivity.

I actually think the acceleration technique is better an more
predictable. Most people don't tend to use their pointing devices with
a lot of accuracy. 2D dragging can get really frustrating to use...
especially if the plan is to hide the cursor while adjusting the value.
I'd prefer sensitivity to be controlled by pointer acceleration (with
the shift modifier still available for more precision) and ZanQdo's
original proposal to hide the cursor while adjusting numbuts with
dragging. It's a lot more predictable and offers a much smaller chance
of user error or frustration.

  -Fweeb