[Bf-taskforce25] Updated TODO's

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:14:10 CEST 2009

I think we're going to need to implement several of these ideas, to
evaluate them.  I'd suggest the following ones be prototyped:

* 2d dragging: precision is increased or decreased based on mouse y

* Base precision on the initial click: Precision is based on where you
first click, perhaps graphically shown by lines or something on the
slider, I dunno.

* Precision is based on mouse acceleration.  This sounds potentially
cool, though it might also be too finicky to work.

This way we can know which ideas work, and which do not.  I can see
problems with all three of them myself; 2d dragging is rather
un-obvious and seems iffy to me, the second option might take too much
thinking of where to first click, and the third I imagine would either
work great or be very annoying :)  On the other hand, who knows, maybe
all three work.

Joe