[Bf-taskforce25] New tools mockups

Brian Staub brian.staub at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 20:07:10 CEST 2009

maybe these tools should just be a scrollable extension to the Edit Menu--part of a Context Sensitive menu.

not really practical, like you say. For the tool settings, there's a
lot of redundancy, like for subdivide where we have:

Type
Number of Cuts
Random Factor
Smoothness

Each of these settings only work if you set the appropriate type. But
this can be simplified to just:

Number of Cuts
Random Factor
Smoothness

No need for a 'type' setting really. Just subdivide and set
smoothness, cuts and random as you please. You might want multiple
smooth cuts, for example.

For transform it's the same thing.  Proportional editing is really a
more global setting, not local to that tool, so is axis constraining
and snapping.

-W