[Bf-taskforce25] New tools mockups

Michael Fox mfoxdogg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 02:01:18 CEST 2009

Why not just have a tools section in the buttons window that is context
sensitive and can be grouped into sub regions like the current textures
for shading, that way the tools will be nicely grouped together, people
can orientate it how they wish to, the big problem with this is you
cannot access the tools while in fullscreen mode, so maybe having the
subsections in the 3dview tools area, so they are nicely grouped easy to
access.

for example, for a mesh , you would have the global view, which is what
we have now, subdivide tools, transform tools, Primitive tools (add
mesh), mesh manipulation tools, etc etc , but no object related settings
at all, they must remain the properties editor (buttons window)

and for repeat last action i like the floating panel idea as you can
close the tools area and still use hotkeys (on that note i think William
had it the wrong way, hold to extrude without transform and tap to
extrude with transform+mouse) and still be able to tweak the tool that
was just used, and can be hidden anyway and you are not going hunting
for the panel in a sea of buttons and contexts