[Bf-taskforce25] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [19912]....

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Apr 24 19:49:22 CEST 2009

Hi,
matt at mke3.net (2009-04-25 at 0111.55 +1000):
> I can see, however, advantages to dropping the old bitmap font - not
> only to simplify the code, but the first thing that comes to mind is
> being able to use extended characters in the UI, such as the degree
> symbol ( ° ) for angles without fear of making a mess when viewed with
> bitmap fonts. Besides, they're ugly and not nearly as flexible -
> especially since we're moving much more towards a scalable interface
> we don't need the fonts holding things back. People can still use
> truetype pixel fonts if they really dig the retro look, anyways ;)

Properly supporting rendering options would be needed then. At this
moment it does not seem to allow (or care about) settings that adjust
hinting, antialiasing or subpixel rendering, it just goes with some
defaults, and if your setup is different, bad luck because it will
look worse than bitmaps.

GSR