[Bf-taskforce25] Icons design

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Tue Nov 25 22:54:00 CET 2008

Andrzej Ambroż schrieb:
> Hi all
> Some time ago I finished second ver. of my icon set for Blender (2.4x
> branch so far). Ton asked me to help with further graphic design of icons
> and teased me with visions of 32x32 pix pictures in customizable toolbars
> an so on...
> So far I've been waiting for some fundamental GUI decisions just to not
> bother developers with unimportant stuff but today I noticed that Elubie
> has moved icons related stuff to 2.5 branch.
>
> I'm really not sure if it's time enough to discuss such subject, but I
> would love to develop the set for 2.5 release and to do my best it seems
> that necessity is to get developers c&c / requests / ideas etc.

Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for the icons!

As you've mentioned in private mail to me, one issue that probably needs
discussion soon is the actual format of the icon file.

* Icons are 15x16: should this be changed to 16x16?
* We might need some more icons in the future, so we might want to add
some rows to the icon file
* Borders between the icons - do we want/need them?

Another thing is: Do we want larger icons too (32x32, 64x64)? Where do
we want to use them? One usage currently is the folder icons for the
file/imagebrowser (currently uses 48x48).

- Andrea (Elubie)