[Bf-taskforce25] global selection list

Eric Medina eric.medina.atienza at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:59:20 CET 2008

Hi,

Before anything else, I'd just like to note that this is my first post here
or, for that matter,
any blender forum. I'm fascinated with the developments in blender right now
and i would
like to contribute ideas and code if i'll have time.

Does blender use a global selection list? From what I can glean from some
posts here,
blender stores different selection states for 3D view, the outliner, etc.

I think having a global selection list from which you can add or remove
items from any part
of blender like 3D view, outliner, programmatically, etc. is a good thing.
Maya has such a
thing. So tools/operators, like e.g. the delete operator, do not have to
worry about the
context they are in. They just access the global selection list to determine
objects to
work on.

Also, blender can provide api to programatically access this selection list
so it can be
scriptable. :)

Eric