[Bf-taskforce25] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [17906] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: 2.5

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Dec 18 16:43:23 CET 2008

Hi,

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Proposal sounds reasonable, however, I wouldn't make the undo-ability a
> guideline, but more the obscurity (or clarity). Locus of attention
> stuff.
>
> Popup menus are very useful for newly added and for obscure (hidden,
> not obvious) options. You don't want to accidentally hit a key and do
> something you don't realize because someone added a hotkey there.
>
> For that reason the 'rip window' doesnt need a menu, it's totally
> obvious, not destructive, and can be undone  by just closing the
> window. But the 'delete markers' deserves a menu, simply because
> timeline is small, and an Xkey will also delete the invisible markers.
>
> There's also myriads of keys you keep forgetting, and the menus then
> show again whether it was "Make Proxy" or "Make Parent without inverse"
> or one of the other plenty "P" tools :). With customizable maps you
> will need this only more.

For the cases where it's potentially not clear what happened, perhaps
we should not ask the user for confirmation in advance but give better
feedback afterwards. For example some sort of non-blocking popup after
the tool finished as shown here:

http://humanized.com/weblog/2006/09/11/monolog_boxes_and_transparent_messages/

Brecht.