[Bf-scripts-dev] Blender 2.40 RC1 Script

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 29 14:59:10 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:30:31AM +0100, liebundartig at freenet.de wrote:

> Anyway, "external dependencies" are -in general- files that you need
> to download in addition to the blender download package (or any
> other software package for that matter). So, the software/script you
> want to use depends on something other, otherwise it will not work
> at all.  That does not necessarily mean Papagayo, it could mean
> another DLL file or something other that is related to Python. I
> guess that person has to explain what exactly s/he means with
> "external dependencies". Keep up the good work! :)

That pretty much sums it up.  The important part for Blender distribution
is this:

   So, the software/script you want to use depends on something other,
   otherwise it will not work at all.

To package this script with Blender and have it be useful, we would
have to package and distribute Papagayo also.  That is a business we
do not want to be in.

Looking at the Papagayo website shows this:

   Papagayo is only available for Windows and Mac OS X.

That, in particular, is a problem since Blender is a multi-platform
application.

All this says nothing about either the quality or the usefulness
of your script.  It only means it will not be packaged as part of
Blender.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net