[Bf-python] Splitting frames addon / feature

Brian Savery brian.savery at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:45:32 CET 2016

Well this of course is dependent on the renderer design and the original
idea didn't mention if he was using cycles or another renderer.

But yes what Campbell said is basically the case for the most studio render
farms. 1 frame per machine. Especially for animation. Only people I've seen
that split them usually if you're trying to get iterative renders out, i.e.
Tweaking lighting and you don't have an interactive preview render or you
want to see the final render. Or like he said with large resolution non
animating print renders like 10k or something

Also not sure this is the case with cycles but some renderers embed the
"border" feature window area in the metadata of the image so you don't have
to save the crop coordinates in the file name.

Shameless plug we do the above with RenderMan and actually include a
command line tool called "tiffjoin" which stitches them all back together
(if they're tiffs) automagically.

This is possible via border rendering,

brian.savery at gmail.com
508-274-8700