[Bf-python] Got X3D import fixes

Jenny jenny at caretdashcaret.com
Thu May 14 19:05:56 CEST 2015

Hi Seva,

If you feel like the code is in a good place, you can submit a patch at
https://developer.blender.org/. Perhaps also ping a few
maintainers/developers to review it.

I personally think this is pretty neat.

-Jenny

On Thu, May 14, 2015, at 08:22 AM, Alekseyev, Vsevolod (NIH/NIAID)
[E] wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> We at NIH 3D Print Exchange (
http://3dprint.nih.gov ) are using Blender to operate on biomedical 3D
models in X3D format. We’ve found the existing X3D import facility
somewhat lacking in Blender 2.74, so we went ahead and rewrote it
considerably. Specifically, we’ve added support for all X3D node types
in Rendering and Geometry3D categories, and rewrote primitive import to
run much faster.