[Bf-python] RenderEngine API - fractional frame

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Jul 15 01:37:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com>wrote:

> I guess this would mean that I have to work out the MB-sample and
> fraction, set them (frame_set) appropriately to get the additional data
> for motion blur as a secondary pass.

That's correct - the render engine itself gets called on integer frames
(you're only rendering a single integer frame) but if you want to
pre-calculate motion blur data, you'll need to iterate over as many
subframes as you need with frame_set() and then pull the geometry data out
of the scene for each of those sample times.

Matt