[Bf-python] RenderEngine API - fractional frame

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:48:30 CEST 2011

On 13/07/11 10:49 AM, Matt Ebb wrote:
> It's really on a case by case basis... Hair stuff is a bit of a
> minefield with some things supported (accessible in RNA) and some not.
> I think for dynamics alone though, it might work - I recall I got some
> basic tests working ok for at least integer frame motion blur in my
> renderman exporter, but I'm not 100% sure about fractional frames.
I am also writing a RIB export but for very specific usage (hair/particles)

The renderengine subclass does get call on all the fractional frame but
unfortunately, when querying

     scene.frame_subframe

it returns zero

I guess this would mean that I have to work out the MB-sample and
fraction, set them (frame_set) appropriately to get the additional data
for motion blur as a secondary pass.

Not sure if it is a bug that frame_subframe is zero or my usage is wrong.

Regards