[Bf-python] Access of logic bricks via python API

Pablo Martin caedes at sindominio.net
Thu Jan 31 16:08:09 CET 2008

Hi!

Matthieu Delanoë escribió:
> By the way I saw the new post on the Apricot blog, and I think that
> logic bricks access in Python could be useful to them if they want to
> export such thing to CS, or other engines.

Yes and no :). We will try to get something more generic to represent
logic. Right now we do have a different "logic brick system", which is
easily extendable both in python and c++ (and in the future maybe other
languages too). This logic brick system is complemented by the user
being able to create custom components, that can be controlled from the
logic brick system.

So.. direct access to the blender logic bricks won't be as useful, but
having facilities to build similar interfaces to the logic editor, or a
node editor will definitely be highly needed, as currently we are using
a slightly "hacked" interface (meaning all drawing and event primitives
are hand coded), and recent investigations lead to think we will need to
represent different levels of abstraction to give full power to the artists.

More info:
http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/Quest_Editor
https://b2cs.delcorp.org/dev/wiki/QuestEditorNG

Greetings!!