[Bf-python] Render baking with python.

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 11:59:33 CET 2008

I'm currently working on a game project for Sony and am trying to use
blender for as much of the pipeline as I can.
I've written some scripts to automate as much of the pipeline as I can
but am stumbling on automatically baking lightmaps

I'd really like to be able to do this. Theres a windows build on graphicall
 that has been modified to do this, but I'm wondering if the
functionality could be added to the svn version
(I'm generally using linux 64bit)

http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=555

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92364

the author had the following notes for usage:
-Add a py function to call render Baking of the selected objects and is
use like this.

    scn = Scene.GetCurrent()
    context = scn.getRenderingContext()
    context.renderBake()

That's nice and simple! This functionality would be a big help.
I tried to contact the original author to get a patch both in his thread
and through private message and have had no response
Could someone add this functionality to blender python?