[Bf-python] improvements to HotKeys Reference Help script

migius migius at 4d-vectors.de
Tue Feb 5 16:59:45 CET 2008

jms a écrit :
> jmsoler at free.fr a écrit :
>
>> If an improvment of the hotkeys script  UI is really needed, I will
>> write it before
>> the next Blender official release.
>
>If it is improvment of HotKeys Reference Help script why the original
>GPL notice was removed ?

short answer:
1. Through your unwilling to permit me collaborate on your script i have no
other opportunity than work parallel.
2. All released version of txtPyBrower_HotKeys.py have credits to you. Is it
not fair enough?
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113588
3. Your order, not to work at all on this theme, is not acceptable.
see http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29949&page=2

long answer:
The TextPyBrower.py script is started and (under above circumstances) will
stay as autonomic project.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113588
A part of its functionality is the "support/browsing" for HotKeysReferences,
but it doesn't mean i "must" go your way or use your code.
The topic "Improvements to HotKeys Reference" doesn't implicate i must
continue Your script.
At the moment i am working on opposite UI concepts to your script anyhow.
I will probably only "link to" the hotkeys-reference-textdata from your
script. With credits to you as the author of this text of course.
Excluding reference-texts to external files is a part of my
PyBrowser-concept and i want to make they open for contribution from
community / easier editable for for non-programmers
(localizing/translation).
I am thinking about converting all they into .PO format and using pootle
server for collaborative work by localization:
http://pootle.wordforge.org

Your HotKeys.py script was for me a motivation to start thinking about
better UI concepts.
At the beginning of my work with Blender i was very unhappy with existing
Blender UI, especially in some scripts.
BTW i hate (still) hotkeys dominated UI-s, cause they are mostly concepted
for "three-hands-users".

For the release version of TextPyBrower.py: if there are still fragments of
your code this will be officially credited. (if you wish, each fragment
individually labeled too). We can discuss about details.
Any advices about license/copyrights are appreciated. If this topic is so
important for you, why did you ignored my ask for help in your thread:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1030570&postcount=37

migius

p.s. first all the scripts associated to Blender make my work possible:
it is a great inspiration and a great library of workig code.
I'm learning by doing and it makes fun.
Big Thanks to all authors (jms inclusive).