[Bf-python] Ubiquitous "Compiled with Python version" message

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue May 8 17:28:46 CEST 2007

Now that we're linking python statically everywhere (I think), the
version message gives the wrong info, seems to me.  It prints out the
version info in the shared lib, which may be a different micro version
than the micro version Blender was compiled against. I think for the
2.42 release we saw some problems between the micro versions (Debian
Sarge used 2.4.1, while Ubuntu and others used 2.4.3),

Should we just print out the version numbers based on the PY_VERSION
strings found at compile-time instead of using Py_GetVersion()?  Or
compare to see if the compiled and shared differ?

Ken