[Bf-python] BPy meeting?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Mar 23 12:51:28 CET 2007

Willian Padovani Germano kirjoitti:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/BPythonAPI/bpy_api

good initiative,

i added some bits there (mostly what had said here earlier, but also
some liking of Ken's addMesh() idea :)

> What about having a meeting *to discuss these specific points* ? It
> could be 1 or 2 hours before the Sunday meeting or right after it.

i think that is a good idea. like said, issues are up and arguments put,
also enough time has passed so we can reflect well. i may not be able to
participate, but will target that so hopefully can.

> PS: when scene.objects was introduced for our last release, we didn't
> plan "a new API" right now. But the recent discussions here pointed to
> the fact that, upon introducing the bpy module, we ended up creating a
> new API, so discussions should be open again for things like
> constructors vs. iterators.new(), etc., as listed in the

yah i guess that was the main reason i wanted to open things up, it
seemed major and strange things were just lurking in. may well be that
the designs and direction is kept, but at least it has been considered
and justified if it survives this process (and then even i can defend it
after 2 years when we are all used to it, and some newcomer comes
complaining that it is all weird?)

> Willian

~Toni