[Bf-python] More Proposed API changes.

antont at kyperjokki.fi antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Mar 8 23:56:49 CET 2007

Lainaus Ed Blake <kitsune_e at yahoo.com>:

> I like the blend idea, but hate the name, Global is worse though imho.  What

it is an exciting development, indeed.

i think a key is how that is thought of w.r.t. to library data, i.e. other
blends. the 'main' thinking makes sense, 'cause the data is there irrespectively
of files. then again, there are differences too: library linked data is not
editable in the same way. that is also a separate concern, but i think somehow
related - perhaps even to what the 'main/global/blend/project' should be
conceptualized as, dunno.

> is the highest level data block called in Blender?  That would probably be

no idea ..

> also like the idea of moving additional  blend file related attributes and
> methods into a single submodule - maybe even file linking/appending?

yah, Library has many things but certainly worth thinking how those things could
integrate to something new.

> ElementTree and/or some of the expat based XML parsers included :D

ElementTree is in py 2.5, right? (did it already come for 2.4?). how big would
it be to ship bundled with Blender, if we want to use that for many things? then
again there is e.g. lxml that also provides the ElementTree api on a diff
backend with diff powers.

~Toni