[Bf-python] 3D curve formats

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Apr 12 16:00:34 CEST 2007

Matt Ebb kirjoitti:
> It worked for me today, so I'm happy (thanks for the clear examples on
> the curve API pages!) but I was

great, in retrospect it seems quite fortunate that the need for scripted
curves rose early on for ED, so that broken & missing parts of the back
then partly unfinished curve api were fixed & filled (thanks to many ppl
on this list)

> From what I can tell, Collada is supposed to support curves, and the
> Max Collada plugin I'm using says it supports them. I looked at the
> collada scripts packaged in Blender and my head nearly exploded so I
> don't

collada is large, but it should not stop you from using it, if it just
works .. did you try running it? i have no idea what sort of curve
support it has though, as it is targeted for game data.

svg also came to mind as it has bezier support and there is a blender
importer, but of course it does not support  3d curves 'cause it is a 2d
format (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html)

> Matt
also looking forward to learning what would be a good format this,
~Toni