[Bf-python] Python API access to plugins?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Mon Oct 16 20:31:37 CEST 2006

Hi Ken,

Well, this is one of those areas in Blender where things are expected to
change (new and better plugins system to substitute this old one), but
no development seems to be going on officially. (I mean the one with a C
API, there is also another system expected to be added: pynodes.)

At least until something better comes up, access to this data could be
useful for some users, you included, as you mention. So I guess it just
depends on your decision (and feedback from those who may need or help
with this, of course). But, as always, asking Ton first may prove
useful, he may know something we don't.

Quickest way to solve this would be to make your new texture builtin,
not plugin. If it's a useful new type, there's a good chance it'd be
accepted.

--
Willian