[Bf-python] object's local matrix

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Tue Jun 27 16:44:31 CEST 2006

Hey Joseph,

Gilbert, Joseph T. wrote:
> 1) Not sure I see the purpose in having a .matrixSomething that returns
> what .matrixLocal is returning now, if what it's returning now is
> wrong...

It's not the local matrix as expected (see below), but it's what Blender
itself shows in the transformation properties panel in the 3d view and
may be useful for some scripters (?). Returning it is not wrong, just
misleading to call it "local".

> 2) I assume .matrixParent returns the matrix of the parent?

No, by that I meant the object's matrix in "parent space", in other
words what is known / expected as local matrix. Not a nice name, I agree.

--
Willian