[Bf-python] new python development path

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Feb 9 16:48:20 CET 2006

Hi Campbell,

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hey All.
>
> Not sure how big a project this python upgrade is (tp/get/set stuff as
> well as new design)

The idea we've discussed is only to fix inconsistencies and nuissances
and upgrade to benefit of better Python facilities introduced with 2.2
and 2.3. A powerful API (or more than one) written in Python can then be
created on top of the basic BPython written in C.

Your suggestions are along what we planned, it wasn't started yet,
though. The best is to have many devs involved once we have the API. It
could even be written in about two / three weeks, then.

Guess people are busy with other projects at this moment. With the
Orange project needing a working API right now, it's also not a good
idea to start coding, better to keep resources free for a while more, so
the team can get our help and we can also benefit from their experience
later.

Of course this leaves us more time for planning, so indeed using the
wiki is a good idea. The natural candidate for first module is the
Camera one, very simple and still has module functions and a bpy type
with its member vars and methods.

I got busy before I could add a first draft for Blender.Camera in a wiki
page, but that was the next step we planned. I should have time this
week for that, but anyone else wanting to help is welcome.

--
Willian