[Bf-python] new python development path

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Feb 9 18:57:24 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 16:48, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> and 2.3. A powerful API (or more than one) written in Python can then be
> created on top of the basic BPython written in C.

so is the object model modification to be done in which side?

> though. The best is to have many devs involved once we have the API. It
> could even be written in about two / three weeks, then.

Mesh and Armature are already clean tp_getset and can now act as examples to
where the rewrite can start, like in Camera - right?

> Orange project needing a working API right now, it's also not a good
> idea to start coding, better to keep resources free for a while more, so
> the team can get our help and we can also benefit from their experience

we dont use python much anymore, just keep Render, Mesh, Object, Actions etc.
intact and the addition of an NLA api, basically just the Strip type, would
be nice :)

> Camera one, very simple and still has module functions and a bpy type
> with its member vars and methods.

yah

> week for that, but anyone else wanting to help is welcome.

i have drafted tests, in py, for the new object model that we discussed in
that one meeting. simple stuff like:

sourcearm = Blender.armatures['armature']
newarm = Blender.Armature()
arm.copyPoseFrom(sourcearm)
assert newarm.pose == sourcearm.pose

> Willian