[Bf-python] new python development path

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Feb 9 02:23:29 CET 2006

Hey All.

Not sure how big a project this python upgrade is (tp/get/set stuff as
well as new design) - But was wondering weather its fair to expect one
of the python gurus willian/stivs/ken to magically come up with the new
python code.

A possible way to develop a new python without putting so much pressure
on said gurus, could be to have a parallel Python module cell it
BlenderDev for eg..
import BlenderDev as Blender
This would have IFDEFS about it so at any time a release can be made
without BlenderDev

To start with it would be the same as the existing module, we could
choose 1 module, World? Lamp?, Mesh? - possibly a smallish module that
does not depend too much on other modules.

This module could be worked on and made and example, well designed,
get/set stuff and epydoc's generated from the docstrings.
Once we were happy with it.. other people could go and update/rewrite
the other Modules Object, World, Scene etc..

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street