[Bf-python] Logic brick python bindings (Blender-side)

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:45:30 CEST 2006

Gilbert, Joseph T. wrote:
> When we talked about this a while back we came to the conclusion that:
> 1) the GE python code needs to stay separate from the blender api
> 2) logic bricks wouldn't be particularly useful from the api side
>
> However, people wanted ways to 'label' objects. Therefore I added the
> object properties stuff (which is part of the logic bricks code) but
> never went any further with it for the above reasons.

Actually, the GE *has* no logic brick bindings at the scene level, which
is very frustrating as is it makes loading/unloading dynamic objects
virtually impossible from the python side.  There is simply no way to
add/remove logic bricks from objects that arn't encapsulated by GameLogic.

One of my little projects is investigating different UIs for modelling
large game worlds (e.g. I wrote a fully-functional node editor in Draw
and BGL (and my GUI library based loosely off of timmeh/ShortWave's
design).  However, it's very annoying that I can't *do* anything with
it, except export to other game engines.

joeedh