[Bf-python] New BPoint type?

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 06:05:14 CEST 2005

--- Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:

> So something like this (classes and attributes):
>
> class BPoint:
>      point = (0,1,2)
>      tilt = 1.0f
> class BNURBPoint(BPoint):
>      weight = 1.0f
> class BBezier(BPoint):
>      handles=((0,1,2),(3,4,5))

Yes something like pretty much like that (though, to
be pedantic, in python, you'd be making class
variables with that, not instance attributes)

> What about handle types for BBezier (AUTO, VECTOR,
> etc)?
> Anything similar for NURBS?

Those are bezier only too, and per-handle in certain
cases (afaik, only Auto is for both handles at once),
so we'd need special handling for that.

--- Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:

> nOn Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 05:41:03PM -0700, Martin
> Poirier wrote:
>
> > Nurbs CV have a weight too, but that attribute is
> not
> > shared by Bezier.
>
> When I said coordinates, I meant 4-D homogenous
> coords
> ( x, y, z, w ).  I should have been more clear

Good then. :)

Martin