[Bf-python] New BPoint type?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Jun 25 07:19:58 CEST 2005

Martin Poirier wrote:

> --- Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:
>

>>So something like this (classes and attributes):
>>
>>class BPoint:
>>     point = (0,1,2)
>>     tilt = 1.0f
>>class BNURBPoint(BPoint):
>>     weight = 1.0f
>>class BBezier(BPoint):
>>     handles=((0,1,2),(3,4,5))
>
> Yes something like pretty much like that (though, to
> be pedantic, in python, you'd be making class
> variables with that, not instance attributes)

OK, been a while since I programmed with classes in Python.

Let me be sure I have this straight as well: we're still
talking about CurNurbs handling two different types
(BNURBPoint and BBezier) and IpoCurve only BBezier, right?
Reason I ask is I have a file (curveutils.c) which is a
"unified" handler for sequences/iterator/append/delete
on what we're calling BNURBPoint and BBezier.  Adding
a base class under this wouldn't be much work (ha) but
want to be sure I'm not missing something (it's been a
long day).

Ken