[Bf-python] mesh.filename

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Feb 12 07:08:19 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 11:06:37PM +0000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi, I am thinking about using linked meshs, but when moving projects to
> different systems (for a render farm for eg) Im a little worried about
> the meshs wont be referenced.
> Would anybody object to a Mesh.getFilename() and Mesh.setFilename("/...").
> This would be like Image filename get and recently added setting.
> Meshs are rarely linked, whare as images are often, but There is no easy
> way to re-link broken Mesh links that I know of so this would provide a
> solution.
> Any objectsions?
> Id idealy like to add this to all linkable datatypes

I don't quite understand what you mean by linked meshes or linkable
datatypes.  Is the goal here to simply add an attribute string
to a Mesh?

The comment about moving projects in a renderfarm makes it sound
like the attribute ( or filename ) needs to be persistant.
For this to happen, the attribute needs to be part of the Blender
data to be saved in the .blend file.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net