[Bf-python] Ipo/IpoCurve API revisited

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sun Dec 4 19:25:20 CET 2005

On Saturday 03 December 2005 07:17, Ken Hughes wrote:
> * Ipo and Ipocurves don't allow the [] operator to access curves and
> points, * no good way for the user to detect which Ipo curve names are
> valid with which Ipo, and

i guess you've seen / remember the wiki discussion about that?

> I decided to play around some today, and implemented mapping methods
> (read-only).  Makes it possible to do "ipo['LocX']" or "ipo[Ipo.LocX]";

coolness.

something like ipocurve[framenum] to do current .evaluate(framenum) might be
cool too, that is discussed on the wiki page.

> The [] operator for Ipocurves should be a no-brainer; it should be even
> simpler than CurNurb since there are no NURBS in IPOs.

yah

> Anyway, what are people's thoughts?  It's not something for 2.40, but
> maybe the Orange people would like to try it out.

i might commit nonofficial bpy api code to the orange branch anyhow, like the
Pose type that made earlier if it is useful, and perhaps NLA Strip if need
them

so these could be put there too during the bf freeze

i guess you saw http://orange.blender.org/blog/from-ipo-to-ipo ?

> Ken

~Toni