[Bf-python] Object.getEuler() vs Euler object methods

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Dec 3 17:18:26 CET 2005

Pontus Lidman noticed that the Object API accesses angles using Euler
objects, but that the angles themselves are in radians while Euler
assumes they are in degrees.  This means that any Euler method used on
object angles will probably give the wrong results.

This was discussed at length in the bug tracker:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=125&aid=3362&group_id=9

The question is what to do: should we start working on making the API
consistently use only one representation for angles, and if so should it
be radians or degrees, and how long will it take script writers to make
changes?  I'm not proposing this for the 2.40 release, but something to
work on shortly thereafter.

Another option is to change the Object API to not use Euler objects, and
leave it up to the user to do the conversion if they want.  Maybe add an
  optional parameter to the euler __init__ method which let the user
give the angles in degrees.

Ken