[Bf-python] Ipo/IpoCurve API revisited

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sun Dec 4 03:41:51 CET 2005

Ken Hughes wrote:
> I was looking through the curve documentation today and was reminded how
> I continue to be annoyed with the Ipo/Ipocurve API, particularly:
> * the inability to access material texture channels other than channel 0
> The material texture channel stuff.... well, I figured out something for
> this last summer but got lost in the patch tracker.  Will revisit that
> problem later.

Actually I came up with a simple way to handle this also.  Materials,
lamps and world (all the objects which support texture channels) have
can have an attribute "channel", an integer in [0,9] or [1,10] which
selects the texture channel for the IPO (this is similar to the channel
number which appears next to the Ipo type for materials in the IPO
window). For these three types of IPOs, any Ipocurves which are texture
channel curves are only accessible for the specified channel.

Ken