[Bf-python] Image loading in GL memory

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Sep 14 05:15:51 CEST 2004

Note: about loading textures, Campbell's idea about an image.glLoad
method seems better, I sent him a first try and with his help a working
solution can be available soon.

joeedh wrote:

> Python supports pointer types?  How do you do this?  When I was coding
> my SOLID python wrapper I couldn't find a pointer type anywhere in the
> Python docs.  Not that that's a good way to that kind of module, of
> course (SOLID objects really and truly need to be stored in a global C
> array as to facilitate error checking).

Hi, check these in the Python/C API doc index:

- PyLong_FromVoidPtr(),
- PyLong_AsVoidPtr()
CObjects and related functions, for example:
-- PyCObject_FromVoidPtr()
-- PyCObject_FromVoidPtrAndDesc()
-- PyCObject_AsVoidPtr()

online link: http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/api/genindex.html#letter-p

The "Extending and embedding..." doc has relevant info about it, too.

--
Willian