[Bf-python] Re: Bf-python digest, Vol 1 #296 - 2 msgs

Bob Holcomb bob_holcomb at hotmail.com
Sat May 8 03:01:02 CEST 2004

I'm trying to parent an armature to a mesh in python with obj.makeParent().
The armature is created, the mesh is created.  The mesh even has vertex
groups with the right names.  When I look at the OOPS schematic window, it
shows the armature as the parent of the object just like if I was to do it
manually.  The difference is when I do it through python, the armature won't
deform the mesh, but if I do it manually, it will.  There is also that pop-up
box when I do it manually asking about creating vertex groups and using the
bone, armature, or armature object as the parent.

The question is, am I doing something wrong, or is there a limitation in the
code for making an armature a parent.

Cheers,

Bob