[Bf-python] Re: Questions about Python sound interface

ChrisKeith at aol.com ChrisKeith at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 06:24:15 CEST 2004

Hello Willian and all -

>> Looks pretty good already.  This seems enough to be added, so  if you test
>> and get it ready for inclusion, we might get it in this  weekend.

Eeek!  I'm not ready!

It passes my tests, but I did some copy/paste/editing from the image.c  file.
 I don't like to code that way, but it was quick to get going.   I would like
to go back and refactor out the duplicated code, but don't know if  that's
recommended (since I don't know how to test the Python image code and  don't
want to break anything).

Any recommendations?

>> I got access to the game engine modules via bpython.  Might  be useful, we
>> should check this well, I only confirmed I could  import one of the
modules.

Is there any reason not to do this?

>> The other way around is not trivial, though (accessing bpython  from game
>> engine scripts)

I know enough about the gameengine to understand what this means.   Does the
gameengine have it's own scripting language?

best regards,
Chris Keith