[Bf-python] Re: Questions about Python sound interface

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Jul 23 05:07:09 CEST 2004

Hi Chris,

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChrisKeith at aol.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:24 AM
Subject: [Bf-python] Re: Questions about Python sound interface

> Eeek!  I'm not ready!
>
> It passes my tests, but I did some copy/paste/editing from the image.c
file.
(...)
> Any recommendations?

Try to test all module functions and methods, no need to exagerate, a simple
script will do.  Also try to get rid of compile warnings (don't worry about
things like unused parameter 'self').  Or, if your compiler gives you too
many warnings, send me the files and I'll check them.  If you think it's
still early to commit, it's ok to leave it for after 2.34, of course.

> >> I got access to the game engine modules via bpython.  Might  be useful,
we
> >> should check this well, I only confirmed I could  import one of the
> modules.
>
> Is there any reason not to do this?

Feature freeze, we're too close to the 2.34 release, better have more time
for this.

> I know enough about the gameengine to understand what this means.   Does
the
> gameengine have it's own scripting language?

Yes, it has its own Python API, you can check it in the PyDoc dir of the
gameengine or (outdated stuff) doc section of blender.org, for example.  I
also recommend the 225_game_demos.zip collection (along with release test
zips, too), it's a great way to expand our knowledge about what Blender can
do:

http://download.blender.org/demo/test/

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br