[Bf-python] Re: Bf-python digest, Vol 1 #238 - 2 msgs

Yann Vernier yann at algonet.se
Tue Feb 17 10:38:01 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 06:55:01AM -0000, meenaneha  shekarvaid wrote:
> I'll explain what we want to do. We are creating a 3D tree of objects
> so when any of these objects is selected then the related information
> should be displayed in the other screen in the same blender process.
> We would like to know if this could be done using python scripting or
> there is any other way.If yes plz suggest how and send us more
> information.

Then you'll want multiple views.. it has been implemented in Verse, but
not vanilla Blender. Quite a bit of work. If you have xinerama and GL
cooperating nicely, an ugly way to fake it would be putting blender over
all screens with appropriate subdivisions.

> And there is one more problem we are facing - rotating NMesh objects
> using python script.There are variables as RotZ,dRotz etc, tell us how
> to use these and rotate the object along any axis.

Well, those are Euler coordinates. The problem with that is you can't
rotate them nicely around an arbitrary axis. Perhaps reading the matrix,
multiplying that with a rotation matrix, then converting that back to
euler could give you satisfactory results.

--
PGP fingerprint = 9242 DC15 2502 FEAB E15F  84C6 D538 EC09 5380 5746