[Bf-python] SpaceScript suggestion

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Mon Feb 16 06:17:23 CET 2004

Hi Manuel,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manuel Bastioni" <manuelbastioni at tin.it>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 8:28 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] SpaceScript suggestion

> I think (supposed the user start form standard one 3dwindow)
> is very useful a way to assign the script window position using
> the information in the header of script.
>
> It's possible?

It was one of the original ideas, also using the script buttons win
(suggested by Matt Ebb).  But do you mean splitting the window
automatically when a script needs it?  That's probably not the Blender
way of doing things and wouldn't be approved (in fact, Ton told me
entries in the main header shouldn't open / change windows in Blender,
the export scripts that do so are exceptions to that rule).

One way already available, is really letting the user split the window
herself, since by leaving the scripts window open there, the user has
access to all available script categories from the "Scripts" menu.  And
even calling from the File->Export menu, for example, if there is a
script window available, it'll be used instead of the biggest area
found.

These things are still open for changes, of course.  I just added them
and now wait for more discussions / UI changes to help adapt things.

So feedback is important.  It'd be helpful if you guys kept this
discussion on, suggesting behaviors, since you use the Scripts Window
more than most Blender developers.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br