[Bf-python] Draw.RegisterEvent proposal

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 3 22:43:14 CEST 2004

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

>Hi Joseph (joeedh),

Fair enough.

>Since the code for scriptlinks is already in place and has a straightforward
>interface, I suggest we start there, there can be more scriptlink event
>types.  And it's easy to set them from scripts now, too.

My concern is that the scriplinks seem to be designed for non-GUI
scripts.   They work well enough for scripts without GUIs, but for those
that use the Draw module I think a special  "function-link" setup would
work a LOT better.

>>This is something I personally think is vitally needed for, say, the
>>creation of python scripts that can work on a per-object basis easily
>>and without the use of the threading module.
>>

>Object scriptlinks on redraw might be enough for this particular example, or
>not?

Your right.  I tried that before, but it didn't work. . .I must've been
using a glitchy version of Blender, or I didn't do it right.  Yay!!
This solves a great deal of problems.  Hopefully.

joeedh