[Bf-python] Draw.RegisterEvent proposal

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 3 04:58:43 CEST 2004

Hi.   I think that a RegisterEvent function should be added to the Draw
module.  This function would allow you to specify callback functions to
be executed when, say, a new object is selected, or when the scene
loads, or when a user saves (kind of like Scriptlinks).

This is something I personally think is vitally needed for, say, the
creation of python scripts that can work on a per-object basis easily
and without the use of the threading module.

Any feedback on this idea would be appreciated.  I don't want to start
any coding until this idea gets approved.

joeedh

P.S. Oh, and i don't think that this would replace the OnSave
scriptlink.  GUI-less scripts will still need it.