[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Patrick saluk at flashmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:49:11 CEST 2003

Hmm, I would have it be on object and have it return one of these two
things:

an NMesh object that has been trimmed down to only contain the points in
the group(s), or
a list of vertex indexes that you can access in the mesh

Building it off of NMesh seems to be the wrong way to go around it if
the vertex groups are in the object.

Further however, I think it would make the most sense for the vertex
groups to be stored in the mesh.  Surely this would require some major
refactoring though, but if you have two bone setups, with different
meshes, and you want to make switch the mesh on one of them to the same
mesh as the other one, the vertex groups don't follow correctly.  If you
want to do this, you have to copy the mesh over and reparent it and
ajust it so it fits on the bones.  Not really a big deal (Hasn't come up
for me), but it seems kind of confusing to me.

But thats probably a much bigger change.