[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.org
Mon Sep 1 15:15:13 CEST 2003

>- It's better to also have object.removeVertexGroup('Group1') instead (or
>besides if you prefer) object.addVertexGroup('Group1', 0).  Python is such
>a readable language, we should preserve that.  So, could you write that
>one, too?

NP, I was just saving extra mouse wheel movement and potential eye strain.
<@> <@>.I don't  mind if someone else wants to chop it/move it around/redo
the thing - it's a good starting point. The vertex stuff probably belongs in
nmesh anyway. My problem is that nmesh needs a way of returning the object
pointer it's linked to for testing/acess and that might be a big
can-o'-worms 'cause the meshdata can be shared among objects. I guess you
could add a function to nmesh that would cycle the G.baselist looking for an
object with a meshdata block match....

p.s. is the ID unique or only an identifier for serialization?? (I think
it's not unique but not sure).

p.p.s.The script is slow on group with a lot of vertices being added.  I
think it's because addVertexToGroup calls editmesh/loadmesh each time.  If a
set of vertex points was added and then edit/load called that would be
better. (Emesh.....) I was just guessing that people didn't know the set
they need and the function would be easier to use in a loop.

>Only problem is that possibly there won't be time for EMesh before 2.29's
>release, since 2.29 may come out as soon as we finish the better
>integration of python through menus.

More popups! Yes! :)

>BTW, I'm writing a tutorial meant as a companion for the reference doc.
>Later with help from bpython developers and users, both docs can become
>good enough ...  we should also have a faq, of course.

Another good idea. It would definitely help.

Power to the python! `------:~   */vv\*  (rofl)
                                  \^^/
Joseph