[Bf-python] Texture module

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Nov 8 03:33:47 CET 2003

Hi Alex,

> I am writing importers & exporters, and I can't find any way to get hold
> of texture objects associated with a material, and no mention of a
> "Texture" class or anything similar.

There's no Texture module yet, but Michel Selten plans to add this module as
his next bpython project.  I don't know about his schedule, though.

> If it doesn't exist yet, is anybody working on it, or should I look at
> starting it from scratch? Is there any formal plan of what such a class
> should look like?

For new modules, we try to follow some conventions (like  uppercase for
module functions: NMesh.GetRaw() and lowercase for class methods:
nmesh.getMode(), besides using names that are compatible with the rest of
the API and having both member variables and .get/set methods for each
available var, etc).  Reading the doc about python in the blender/doc dir is
also recommended.

The best is always to send the intended API calls to this list so we can
comment on it.  And if you'd like to try to write a new module -- there are
a few yet to be written -- feel free to ask any questions here.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br