[Bf-python] About the NMesh module

Jordi Rovira i Bonet jordi.rovira at ima.udg.es
Thu May 29 15:06:35 CEST 2003

Jacek Popławski wrote:

>On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:03:45AM -0300, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
>

>>One strong reason for doing this is wanting to support n-gons in Blender
>>Python.
>>

>What's reason to support n-gons? For example in my OpenGL code I am using just
>triangles. Who really need n-gons (when n>4) and why?

Personally, i dislike n-gons too.  And i think that no real mesh
algorithm works with them because of the difficulty of dealing with them
at a formal mathematic level. I think that a thin wrapper for the Mesh
is really required, to allow working with large meshes without
duplicating (or triplicating) the memory required.

(bandoler)