[Bf-python] Python IDE which can run inside Blender

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Wed May 28 14:22:10 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 06:21, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> > Also I would like to put this as a
> > Python project at the Blender community or at
> > Sourceforge, as I don't have my own webspace.  I don't
> > have to much time and I'm not experienced with CVS.
> > Does anybody of you have some 'connections' to
> > register this project as a Blender Python project?
>
> Michel (hi, Michel!) can probably do that, but I guess you should
> announce this also on the main Blender Committer's list, since it's not
> something internal to the python code in Blender, but a new app for it.
> They'll like to know about it and you deserve credit for such a nice
> IDE.  You should have no problem getting added to the Projects site.

Anybody with a projects.blender.org account can do a project proposal.
Ton will very likely approve this project. It would be a great addition!
There are some good documents on CVS. If you need help, I'll help you
out, or post a question to the bf-committers mailing list.
Also, just as Willian said, you should really post a message to the
bf-committers mailing list. This is something you deserve the credits
for!

Some questions:
You said it runs inside blender. I assume that you call the application
from Blender, and it starts in a seperate window?

Is it possible to build blender without (the link to) the new IDE? We
don't want to force the users to install WxPython when they don't want
to write scripts.

How portable is WxPython? I know it runs on Windows and no Linux.
Blender runs on 4 more platforms (OS-X, Irix, FreeBSD and Solaris).

(You don't have to reply to this mail if you're going to post a similar
message to the bf-committers list. I hope you'll answer the questions in
that message then ;) ).

With regards,
	Michel