[Bf-python] Python IDE which can run inside Blender

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed May 28 06:21:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 15:13, Stani Michiels wrote:

> Therefore I developped a Python IDE which can run
> inside Blender.
Looks pretty good indeed : ).

> Also I would like to put this as a
> Python project at the Blender community or at
> Sourceforge, as I don't have my own webspace.  I don't
> have to much time and I'm not experienced with CVS.
> Does anybody of you have some 'connections' to
> register this project as a Blender Python project?

Michel (hi, Michel!) can probably do that, but I guess you should
announce this also on the main Blender Committer's list, since it's not
something internal to the python code in Blender, but a new app for it.
They'll like to know about it and you deserve credit for such a nice
IDE.  You should have no problem getting added to the Projects site.

> I hope to bring Python and Blender a bit closer with
> this.  I think Blender should be more present in the
> Blender community.  It's strange that there was no
> announcement of the new Blender release in the
> Python's mailing list
> (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.lang.python.announce).
> If the reworked Python API will be included in the 228
> release, for sure this has to be done.

It's probably still a little too early, there's a lot of work to do to
finish, clean, test and document exppython.

>     *100% Blender compatible:can run within Blender,
> so all these features are available within Blender
Have you tried it already with exppython (the new implementation of the
Blender Python API) ?

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br