[Bf-python] Python IDE which can run inside Blender

Stani Michiels s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 16:58:32 CEST 2003

--- Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano at ig.com.br>

(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.lang.python.announce).
> > If the reworked Python API will be included in the
> 228
> > release, for sure this has to be done.
>
> It's probably still a little too early, there's a
> lot of work to do to
> finish, clean, test and document exppython.

That's right for newbies.  But I think that it
wouldn't harm if more experienced Python programmers
are attracted immediately to Blender, instead of first
playing around with Poser and Truespace as I did. If
you're familiar with Python and 3d in general, it's
not so hard to puzzle it out.
> >     *100% Blender compatible:can run within
> Blender,
> > so all these features are available within Blender
> Have you tried it already with exppython (the new
> implementation of the
> Blender Python API) ?
I really would love to, but I'm afraid you don't have
any windows installer for me to try.  It would be
great if I could adapt Spe to exppython before it gets
publicly released.